General Practitioner Certificate in Small Animal MedicineGPCert(SAM)
The Improve International GPCert(SAM) modular training programme has been accredited by ESVPS as being a suitable education programme based on the course content and the calibre of the tutors delivering the taught course.
Candidates are required to attend the Improve International taught modular programme and study all areas of the course syllabus. In some cases not all of the course syllabus is covered in the taught programme and additional reading is required.
RequirementsTo achieve the General Practitioner Certificate in Small Animal Medicine, awarded by ESVPS, candidates are required to—
- Complete the modular training programme
- Complete the pre-and post-module questions
- Submit 10 x 500-1,000 word case studies
- Submit 1 x 2,250-2,500 case report
- Sit a 100 question examination (multiple choice)
- Further reading on the taught subjects
- Additional study of the non-taught areas of the course syllabus.
- Undertake the General Practitioner Certificate (including all requirements listed above)
- Submit 15 x 100-word case logs (comprising the ‘case diary’) and a 500-word reflective essay (based on the case diary) to Harper Adams University
Frequently asked questions
How long will it take?
Following course completion, candidates have up to four years to satisfy ESVPS assessment requirements and obtain the GPCert.
What if I am not successful in passing one of the components of the examination?
Candidates are required to pass all components of the examination to gain the GPCert(SAM) qualification. Candidates who fail their case report will be given clear indications where they were unsuccessful and guidelines on how to complete their case report to the required standard. Candidates who are unsuccessful in the final examination will be given a breakdown of the areas they were weakest in and additional study recommended.
How do I get started?
Please contact us via email and we will send you a link to register.
Please contact ESVPS for more information on Exam Fees.
Examination and Submission Dates
2019 Examination Candidates
- Case diary and reflective essay submission date – 2nd May 2019
- Case study submission date – 4th July 2019
- Case report submission date – 1st August 2019
- 2019 examination date – 9th October 2019