Nurses Certificate in Emergency and Critical Care Nursing
The Improve International NCert(E&CC) modular training programme has been accredited by ESVPS as being a suitable education programme based on the course content and the calibre of the tutors delivering the taught course.
Candidates are required to study all areas of the course syllabus, which comprises taught and non-taught areas. Full details of the course syllabus will be available from Improve International on registration.
To achieve the NCert(E&CC) candidates must complete and pass the following:
- Attend the ESVPS accredited modular training programme
- Submit one x 1,500 word case report
- Submit 4 x 500 word case studies
- Complete the online pre and post module survey
- Sit a 25 multiple choice questions examination.
Candidates will also be required to complete the following additional study:
- Further reading on the taught subjects
- Additional study of the non-taught areas of the course syllabus
ESVPS will send regular email reminders of submission dates and details of the final examination.
On successful attainment of the NCert(E&CC) candidates will be awarded with a personalised certificate and their name will be included in the ESVPS register of Nurses Certificate holders.
Frequently asked questions
How long will it take?
Following course completion, candidates have up to four years to satisfy ESVPS assessment requirements and obtain the NCert.
What if I am not successful in passing one of the components of the examination?
Candidates are required to pass all components of the examination to gain the NCert(E&CC) qualification. Candidates who fail their case report will be given clear indications where they were unsuccessful and guidelines on how to complete their case report to the required standard. Candidates who are unsuccessful in the final examination will be given a breakdown of the areas they were weakest in and additional study recommended. There is a nominal fee to re-sit the final examination.
How do I get started?
Please contact us via email and we will send you a link to register.
Please contact ESVPS for information on fees.
Credit Card Payment is available
Examination and Submission Dates
- Registration and payment – 28th February 2019
- Case study submission – 25th July 2019
- Case report submission – 29th August 2019
- Multiple choice question exam – 27th November 2019